The blasting night of October 31 is arriving and so the time to celebrate the Halloween festival which often stands amongst the oldest holidays with fantasizing dresses, tricking and figurine pumpkins. This is one such festival with the divine contribution of varying cultures and traditions and so as the different values as these funny happy Halloween quotes and sayings suggest. “All Hallows Eve”, the other name of Halloween festivals is a Celtic holiday for Samhain that glorifies and remembers the dead peoples’ spirit.
Set up your minds and get on your heels to celebrate the All Saints ’ Day by decorating everything with roaring pumpkins and welcoming the dead to the land of livings. Happy Halloween!
Funny Happy Halloween Quotes and Sayings
Ultimate Importance of Halloween
- The importance of this festival makes it an ultimate one by its incredible elements of celebration. Who doesn’t enjoy tricking and costume parties? Bonfires, ghost tours and scary houses along with a haunted book in one hand and a candle in other have a different fun in being frightened.
- This festival makes it easier to remember the victories and dedication in a funny and enjoyable way. This festival pays a close remembrance to inequities, adaptability and ailments in the world along with new clothing and hence the new profile pictures at social networking sites to share amongst your buddies.
- The different ways to celebrate and glorify the festival makes it important for people. The crazy orange and black were the traditional colors of this festival which facilitated the sexy costumes, masks, cars and what not! However, purple, green and red are also added these days in the festivals as to make it a bit more enjoyable and colorful.
Origination of Halloween
2000 years ago, this Celtic festival was started to mark their new year at the place currently known as Ireland, UK and France in the beginning of dark winter. According to the Celtic beliefs, pre New Year night witnessed the blurring of the lands of livings and dead. It was believed that the spirits of the dead would harm the crops leading to other problems. This is what insisted the priests to make predictions about the future thereby burning the crop and illuminating the bonfire. They used to dress up themselves with attractive animal skins, masks and costumes thereby making it a part of fun as well. This festival is basically the mixture of two roman fiesta namely Feralia to remember the dead and Pomona as to honor the goddess of fruits and trees.
If you really wonder about why people treat a black cat crossing the path as an ill omen, the answer lies in the history of Halloween which is rooted since the middle age. There are many other superstitions that are associated with this festival and traditions. People changed and so the traditions but these superstitions are still inside the head. All Halloween day witnessed many different changes in its celebrations that included clothing and morals plus the significance of this festival. And If you’re also planning to attend any Halloween party but terribly confuse about the outfit you’re gong to wear then, check out this amazing collection of new sexy Halloween outfit Ideas.
- As spirits roam the neighborhoods at night, Let loose upon the Earth till it be light… ~Nicholas Gordon
- A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween. ~Erma Bombeck
- I don’t know that there are real ghosts and goblins, but there are always more trick-or-treaters than neighbourhood kids. ~Robert Brault
- October, tuck tiny candy bars in my pockets and carve my smile into a thousand pumpkins…. Merry October! ~Rainbow Rowell
- Nothing beats a haunted moonlit night on All Hallows Eve…. And on this fatal night, at this witching time, the starless sky laments black and unmoving. The sombre hues of an ominous, dark forest are suddenly illuminated under the emerging face of the full moon. ~Kim Elizabeth
- Ghosts, like ladies, never speak till spoke to. -Richard Harris Barham
- There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people:
religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin. -Charlie Brown
- Shadows of a thousand years raise again unseen,
Voices whisper in the trees, “Tonight is Halloween!” ~ Dexter Kozen.
- Fear is nature’s warning signal to get busy. ~ Henry C. Link.
- True love is like ghosts, who everyone talks about but few have seen. ~Anonymous.
- Where there is no imagination there is no horror. ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- This Halloween the most popular mask is the Arnold Schwarzenegger mask. And the best part? With a mouth full of candy you will sound just like him. ~ Conan O’Brien
- Pixie, kobold, elf, and sprite,
all are on their rounds tonight;
in the wan moon’s silver ray,
Thrives their helter-skelter play. ~ Joel Benton
- Bring forth the raisins and the nuts- Tonight All-Hallows’ Spectre struts along the moonlit way. -John Kendrick Bangs
- From ghoulish and ghosties and long legatee beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord, deliver us! – Scottish saying
- Tis now the very witching time of night, when churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out Contagion to this world. -William Shakespeare
- I’ll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween. -Anonymous
- The witches fly
across the sky,
the owls go, “Who? Who? Who?”
The black cats yowl
And green ghosts howl,
scary Halloween to you!”
- Bring forth the raisins and the nuts-
Tonight All-Hallows’ Spectre struts
along the moonlit way. -John Kendrick Bangs
- Nothing on Earth so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night. –Steve Almonds
- Everyone is a moon and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. – Mark Twain
- I see my face in the mirror and go, ‘I’m a Halloween costume? That’s what they think of me? –Drew Carrey
- I don’t know that there are real ghosts and goblins, but there are always more trick-or-treaters than neighbourhood kids. – Robert Brault
- [When trick or treating kids ask for some candy] Yeah, it’s Halloween but that doesn’t mean you can go around to people’s houses and bilk candy from them. –Larry
- Hark! Hark to the wind! ‘Tis the night, they say,
When all souls come back from the far away-
The dead, forgotten this many a day! –Virna Sheard
- Men say that in this midnight hour,
the disembodied have power
to wander as it liketh them,
by wizard oak and fairy stream. -William Motherwell
- horror! Horror! Horror! Tongue nor heart cannot conceive nor name thee! –Shakespeare
- Look, there’s no metaphysics on earth like chocolates. –Fernando Pessoa
- I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. –Henry David Thoreau
In the atmosphere of chilling and thrilling and your “out of the ordinary” costumes, celebrate the Halloween festival and be the owner of your own quote expressing your emotions. Get on the freaky mood that indulges you deep into the ocean of this amazing fun carnival. We would be waiting to see your amazing pictures dressed in the colors of Halloween along with a Funny Happy Halloween Quotes and Sayings captioning it.