Winter is the coldest season of the year and people often wear warm clothes during winters to keep their body warm. The cool breezes of winter season may trap people in cold and cause health problems. So, it is important to choose your clothes widely and go for warm clothes. One of the ultimate logic behind the winter clothes is related to their color. People tend to wear darker clothes in winter season. You might be thinking why wear dark colored dresses in winter. The logic had been made out very clear in the article given below.
Reasons to wear dark colored dresses in winter
Here are some reasons to wear dark dresses in winters:
Dark Color Clothes Absorb More Heat
It had been proven scientifically that the dark color clothes absorb more heat and this is why people generally prefer to wear the dark color clothes in winters. The light color clothes are less absorbent of heat as compared to dark color clothes. The logic is simple:
- In winters the cold air and extreme weather conditions make people shiver, if they will be wearing the dark color clothes, more heat will be absorbed coming from sun.
- This will help them out in maintaining a warm body temperature
- The black colored clothes are ideal for the winter season because it absorbs light of all wavelengths and more importantly does not allow the light to get reflected. This light turns to heat to make us feel warmer in winters.
Dark Color Clothes Do Not Allow Air to Pass Through
These dark color clothes have the tendency to not allow the warmth of the body to pass through the clothes we are wearing.
- This will help the people to stay warmer for longer period of time
- The dark color clothes will allow the warm air to enter inside and will reflect the cold breezes
Dark colors are in fashion
The dark color clothes are generally in fashion in winter seasons due to the above two mentioned reason. People love to move with the crowd. So, more people are seen wearing dark colored clothes in winter season.
- You will find number of stores displaying dark color dresses in winter season
- The latest style trends of winters are generally dark
- All the winter accessories are generally made from darker colors
- The light colored clothes will be find a little in the shops
So, these were some obvious reasons to wear darker color clothes in winters. Dark color clothes are the trademark clothes for many celebrities too. That is another reason why people wear dark color clothes.
The reasons for wearing darker color clothes over the light ones are very clear. These reasons are also been discussed above. Now look towards the second side, why not to wear lighter colored clothes in extreme winters. The lighter colored clothes generally have the tendency to allow air to pass in and out of the body and also, they absorb less heat. This is why the darker color clothes are worn in winters and lighter color clothes are least preferred. So, if the winters are approaching near, go for buying the darker colored clothes.