Fashion and Psychology, the two terms reflect a very articulate and compound relation that shares various elements and greatly influence each other. Fashion in itself represents the psychology of the people and refers to the psychology of revamping oneself with attires and apparels that are in trend currently. Fashion is an ever-changing phenomenon that is directly or indirectly fostered by human psyche. It is the psychology of people to keep themselves up-to-date with the season’s outfits and accessories. The relationship between fashion and psychology is volatile and interconnected with fine laces of convictions and passions. The salient and anonymous relationship between fashion and psychology can be elucidated with the following points mentioned below.
People’s Dressing Affect out Thought-Process
This is a significant point that has captivated the focus of many researchers who have tried to figure out the relationship between fad and psychology. The dresses of people around us greatly inspire or discourage our perception about them. Let us consider the following examples to understand how fashion sways our thoughts in different directions.
- Skin-Hugging and tight-fitting dresses generally motivate us to think that person wearing must possess a slender and slim countenance. A tall body-structure on that is an ice-topping
- People who dress in a darling way usually captivate our attention. They make a soothing and humble appearance and we tend to trust them easily. Such modest dressed people influence our thoughts in a positive direction about them.
Dresses reflect out mood
Dresses often reflect the state of our moods and most amazingly it can be handled too. The choice of our clothing has an impact on out mood and it reflects the following state of minds
- Bright and radiant colors usually mean cheerfulness and flamboyance. Hence if a person chooses to wear vibrant and enticing colors he or she is mostly enjoying a pleasant state of mind and wants to flaunt his or her beauty and enthralling personality. It is their psychology that influences their choice of color of dress.
- Grim and pale color clothes usually mean dismay and disappointment. When people face the rough patches of life they tend to lose interest to grace their wardrobe and leaves it with murky and gloomy shades of clothing.
Apparels Conveys Meaning
There are certain dresses which convey deep meaning about our taste and preference. Our choice of clothing reflects our personal tastes and sensibilities that motivate us to select them from the bundle. The meaning that apparels convey can be analyzed as follows.
- If you choose to pick clothes that completely cover your bare body it indicates your psychology of being shy and humble. You hesitate to expose and that in it says a million words about your thoughts and perceptions.
- Dresses that expose the skin patches and glowing skin tone shows carefree nature of those who love to flaunt their skin or simply enjoy comfort in such attires. It simply conveys that they enjoy being comfortable in such attires and are not shy to a very great extent.
Dresses Reveal Our Custom and Tradition
This is a simple point that illustrates how dresses depict out social customs and traditions. Out outfits speak about out spiritualism and the path we follow to deify almighty. Let’s get a clear idea considering the following point stated below:
- People who deeply believe in spiritualism and have chosen to dedicate their souls completely to serve the Lord often dress in a way that makes it obvious to others. It is their psychology that encourages them to choose such clothing to be comfortable while serving the Lord.
Psychology influence fashion and our choice to be a part it and fashion in turn influences out thoughts and decisions. They walk hand in hand and set trend everywhere and every time.