A dreamcatcher is one of the powerful symbols having a long history and wider meanings. Tattoo art had emerged throughout the world and many people are going for it. Dreamcatcher tattoo designs had also grown popular among young men and women. There are infinite possibilities associated with dreamcatcher tattoo designs.
A dreamcatcher tattoo is the form of a feather tattoo and has American Native links. This form of tattoo art is very popular among women. It is a fashionable tattoo design and a good fashion icon. This tattoo design is decorated well with beads and feathers that is believed to bring some good dreams to the tattoo owner. Undoubtedly, Sexy Thigh Tattoo Designs Just Look hot and sexy, but when it’s Dreamcatcher tattoo, the beauty automatically increase.
Dreamcatcher Tattoo Designs for Girls
The decorations used to enhance the beauty of dreamcatcher tattoo designs for girls are:
- Beads: A single bead in the middle of the tattoo represents the spider on a web. Many beads could be used to represent goof dreams at night.
- Hoop: Hoop serves as the frame for the web. It may also represent the circle of life.
- Feather: A feather is the symbol of breath and it is attached to the tattoo from the center, so that it appears to hang on the ring.
- Web: The web catches the bad dreams and prevents them to enter the dreamer’s head.
The Native American culture has deep roots associated with dreamcatcher tattoos. This tattoo design was popular throughout the generations of American people. It was represented with different colors and in different shapes and sizes on different body parts of American people.
It actually originated from the Anishinaabe tribe, popularly known as the Ojibwa tribe in Canada and Chippewa tribe in America. Women of this tribe used to make a dreamcatcher on newborn infants to protect them from evil. The original dreamcatcher represents the spider with eight legs. Some tribes added fashionable instinct to the design and added colors to the tattoo to make them look beautiful. This tattoo stands for rich cultural history and different beliefs and backgrounds among the people of America.
Dreamcatcher tattoo designs are something that is not to be taken in a lighter vein or getting into frivolously. The thing is when you are looking for potential tattoo designs for men, you are definitely going to come across dreamcatcher tattoo designs too. These dreamcatcher tattoo designs have their basis in Native American folklore and these have a special significance as an amulet or as a means of protection. There are many elements that go into the designing of dreamcatcher tattoo designs like feathers, beads, webs, and other elements that are part of the native American way of life. Normally, dreamcatcher tattoo designs have had their origin among a particular tribe called Ojibwa as a means of protecting infants as they slept. By no means should you pick this dreamcatcher tattoo designs from the many tattoo designs for men in a light and frivolous manner. Do make it a point to conduct your research and read up while picking out tattoo designs for men.
This tattoo was popular in Native American cultures and symbolizes the web-like structure with adornments like shells, feathers, beads, leather, gemstones, etc. Some of the popular meanings of this tattoo are:
- The basic meaning of this tattoo is to attract positive dreams by preventing negative dreams to enter the head of the dreamer.
- It also used by tribes on newborn baby’s bodies to protect the infant from evil
- It is also connected with the good destiny of the person and is believed to bring good fortunes
Once you decide on the design of the tattoo then you can easily decide on the body part to engrave the dreamcatcher tattoo. The dreamcatcher tattoo can be engraved on different body parts. Some of the common placements for dreamcatcher tattoos on the body are:
- On the neck
- Above the shoulder
- On the biceps
- On thighs
- Bigger tattoo on back
- Near the pelvic region
- On tummy
These are some common placements for dreamcatcher tattoos. Though, you can choose your own position to engrave the dreamcatcher tattoo.
- Feathers attached to the linings or center of the tattoo represent breath and air. They help the nice dreams to slide into the forehead of dreamers.
- Different feathers are used in dreamcatcher tattoo
- Some tribes also use eight points in the dreamcatcher tattoo
- The gemstone is placed in center of the dreamcatcher tattoo
On the whole, if you’re going to have a dreamcatcher tattoo inked on any body part then, the above-mentioned knowledge is really helpful for you. And you can easily pick up any designs from the pictures. Our main motto is to provide the appropriate thing that you’re looking for. Let us know your experience and share your thoughts by posting your valuable comments. Thanks, Friends!
Pingback: 45 Attractive Lace Tattoo Designs that’re really chic - Latest Fashion Trends